By applying a modern day, grassroots model, A Red Circle promotes economic development in the following ways:
• Formed the North County Economic Development Oversight Committee
• Advocate for community betterment including street clean-up
• Engage the business community and local government in marketing the region
• Teach residents about community economics and taxation
• Local job development activities
Local leaders and policy interns determine solutions for school funding until North County experiences economic growth.
Using data analysis, we are writing a policy brief and state bill that focuses on man-made food deserts, racism, socioeconomic status, and the overabundance of the stores that sell the unhealthiest food.