Job development, placement and opportunities for internships and apprentices throughout St. Louis.
A Red Circle’s Holistic Living Bistro & Garden
The Holistic Living Bistro & Garden introduces different ways of preparing foods, teaches the health benefits of eating well, and provides a place for healing and camaraderie.
In collaboration with Neighbors Credit Union, we educate community members on traditional banking, money saving, and the expense of school supplies.
In June and July 2018, we will host an eight-week course on transitioning out of state-sponsored (foster) care into the real world. We will transform portions of St. Vincent Home for Children to represent a small city and each week will cover how the focus areas apply to real life.
In 2017, we received six apple trees from a generous donor. When they mature, we will produce all-natural apple butter! By engaging in local commerce, we will teach young adults business skills and create opportunity for economic growth in north St. Louis County.
• Support students and teachers in pre-K through third grade
• Mentor, tutor and make recommendations
• Locate services and provide resources for children and their families
• Work to keep young students in the classroom and out of detention/suspension
• Promote restorative justice practices and train educators on implicit bias and cultural awareness
• Conduct Parent Cafes
• Research on equitable school funding
Monthly workshops designed for parents of school-aged children; they occur onsite at local schools on the 4th Thursday of the month (except for the summer months and November and December).
Guest speakers will discuss various topics such as credit, budgeting, nutrition and the brain, weight management, senior health concerns, family planning, and more.