A Red Circle’s Education Advocacy Coalition meets monthly in an effort to improve educational outcomes for North County’s students. The school districts on which we focus are Normandy, Jennings, Ferguson-Florissant, Hazelwood, and Riverview Gardens. The meetings occur online and include education professionals from all walks of life.
A Red Circle’s Education Advocacy Coalition’s has three committees:
- School Discipline/RJ/Social Emotional Learning;
- Equitable School Funding; and
- IEP Support and SSD in North County.
The 2022 Meeting Schedule is:
All meetings are at 10 a.m.
A Red Circle’s virtual platform is through Microsoft Teams. We hope to resume in person meetings so stay tuned.
If you are interested in joining the coalition, complete the form below:
The Education Advocacy Team supports elementary school students in the Ferguson-Florissant School District to address the high level of suspensions of Black children in North County, without having addressed the root cause of why a child is behaving a certain way. Sometimes, a behavior is cultural, which newer and Whiter teachers wouldn’t understand or appreciate. Also, we try to address the root causes to support students to stay in their classrooms.
- employ college students and trainees to support elementary students with resources, tutoring, and mentoring,
- provide more specialized services from professionals,
- support parents through the IEP process, and
- supply families with basic needs.